No matter what carrier you’re with, you’re most likely going to be able to manage your cell phone account online. All of the major carriers—Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint—make it easy to manage your account, pay your phone bill, and change your plan online. Likewise, many MVNOs, or small carriers, do as well—especially since the majority of them do not have storefronts and operate solely online.
In this guide:
- Manage your AT&T cell phone account
- Manage your Verizon cell phone account
- Manage your T-Mobile cell phone account
- Manage your Sprint cell phone account
- Manage your MVNO account online
Mange your AT&T cell phone account
You can pretty much do anything online via your AT&T account. If you don’t already have one, register and create your AT&T user ID. Then you can log in to access your account and do the following:
- View your AT&T bills
- Pay your AT&T bills
- Cancel your service or remove a line
- Temporarily suspend wireless service
- Change your AT&T plan
- Update your personal or contact information
- Check your data usage
- Update your privacy settings
Pay your AT&T Bill
You can easily pay your AT&T bill online once your sign in to your account via the website. Just follow these simple steps:
- Sign in to your myAT&T account and click “Go to Bill & Payments.”
- Choose the account you want to view and pay.
- View your bill and previous bill activity.
- Select “Make a payment” to pay your bill.
Let’s Talk Tip:
All four major carriers offer discounts when you enroll in AutoPay, a service that automatically deducts your phone bill from your preferred payment method each month. It’s a win-win, since you don’t have to remember to pay, plus you’ll save some money.
Change your AT&T plan
You can easily switch to a new AT&T plan without having to call a representative or visit a store. AT&T allows you to browse plans and update to a new one with a few clicks of your mouse. Before you choose a new AT&T plan, you’ll want to compare popular AT&T plans below.
Manage your Verizon cell phone account
Verizon grants you great flexibility with the account actions you can do online. All you need is a My Verizon account to get started then you can simply log into your account to explore. You can also download the My Verizon mobile app, if you prefer to do things from your phone.
Some things you can do online via your My Verizon account include:
- Adding a line to your Verizon plan
- Upgrading your Verizon plan
- Changing your contact settings and personal information
- Changing your phone number
- Improving your security
- Managing the users on your account, including the account manager
- Adding, managing, or removing features
- Viewing your documents and receipts
- Paying your Verizon bill
This certainly isn’t an exhaustive list. For more information on how you can manage your Verizon account online, sign into your My Verizon account online or open up your My Verizon mobile app.
Pay your Verizon bill
Verizon is encouraging customers to pay their phone bills online due to busy phone lines. But even if they weren’t, there’s no reason not to pay your Verizon phone bill online. It takes just a couple of minutes and you don’t even have to put on pants.
Pay your Verizon bill through the website:
- Sign into your My Verizon account and click “Pay Bill.”
- Choose the payment amount and payment method.
- Enter the date you wish to make the payment.
- Click “Continue,” review the details, then “Make payment.”
Pay your Verizon bill through your app:
- Open your My Verizon app and click “Menu” then “Bill.”
- Select “Payment options” then choose your payment method.
- Enter the amount you want to pay, then the date for the payment.
- Click “Make payment.”
Update your Verizon plan
Interested in changing your Verizon plan? You can do that online, too. Whether you’re interested in better features or cutting down on your monthly spending, you can browse all available Verizon plans through your My Verizon account online or via the app then switch to the one that’s right for you.
Manage your T-Mobile cell phone account
When managing your T-Mobile account online, you’ll want to set up your T-Mobile ID so you can get the most out of your experience. You can do the following online via your T-Mobile account:
- View and pay your T-Mobile bill
- Change or update our personal or contact information
- Update security settings
- Link a T-Mobile ID for multiple accounts
- Add a line to your account
- Add or remove services
- Cancel or suspend service
- Change your phone number
- Transfer a line or account ownership
- Change your T-Mobile plan
This is by no means a complete list; there are plenty of other things you can do online. It may be helpful to sign in to your T-Mobile account and explore the various tabs.
Pay your T-Mobile bill
You can pay your T-Mobile bill via your T-Mobile account online or your T-Mobile app. Keep in mind, you can only do this if you’re on a T-Mobile postpaid plan.
Pay your T-Mobile bill online:
- Log in and click “Pay Bill.”
- Confirm your payment amount and add a payment method.
- Click “Continue” then review your details and tap “Agree & Submit.”
Pay your bill using your T-Mobile app:
- Open the app and sign in.
- Click “Pay Bill” and confirm your payment amount.
- Confirm your payment method, amount, and date.
- Tap “Agree & Submit.”
Change your T-Mobile phone plan
The great news is you can change your T-Mobile plan online any time you want. From prepaid to limited to unlimited plans, T-Mobile has a nice selection of phone plans. Before you upgrade your T-Mobile plan, compare popular plans below.
Manage your Sprint cell phone account
To manage your Sprint account online, you first need to create a My Sprint account. Once you have an account, sign in to access your account information and make changes. Some of the things you can do online include:
- Monitoring your data usage
- Viewing and paying your Sprint bill
- Updating your account preferences and information
- Receiving exclusive Sprint deals and offers
- Managing users and lines
- Changing your Sprint plan
- Adding a phone or device
- Checking your device upgrade status
Pay your Sprint phone bill
You can pay your Sprint bill online via desktop or your mobile app. It only takes a few minutes and is super easy to do.
Pay your Sprint bill online:
- Log in to your My Sprint account and click “Pay Bill”
- Confirm your payment method and amount.
- Click “Authorize.”
Pay your Sprint bill using your mobile app:
- Open your My Sprint app and click “Bill Pay.”
- Confirm your payment method and date then click “Continue.”
- Review your payment details then confirm payment.
Update your Sprint plan
Updating your Sprint phone plan online has never been easier. Long gone are the days of going into stores just to change your plan. Before committing to a new plan, you’ll want to browse our list of popular Sprint plans to find the one that’s right for you.
Manage your MVNO account online
An MVNO is a small carrier that operates on one or more of the major networks. While some well-known MVNOs, such as Metro by T-Mobile and Cricket Wireless, do have storefronts nationwide, many small carriers don’t have any at all. Metro and Cricket allow you to manage your account online, although you can go into a store if necessary.
Other popular MVNOs, such as Mint Mobile, Visible, Google Fi, Straight Talk, US Mobile, Ting, Simple Mobile, Ultra Mobile, and more, operate fully online. As such, you can easily manage your accounts, change plans, and pay your bills online with a plan through an MVNO.