You don’t have to call or go to an AT&T store in order to update or change your AT&T plan. All you have to do is log in to your myAT&T account on your computer or via your mobile app, myAT&T. It’s super easy to do, even for the most technology-challenged people. Whether you’re trying to save money or want better features, you can compare AT&T phone plans online and switch to the plan of your choosing.
To update your AT&T plan online:
- Create/log in to your myAT&T account
- Access your account information
- Change your AT&T plan
There are other things you can easily do online, including:
- Compare AT&T plans
- Update your account information
- Pay your AT&T bill
Create your myAT&T account
In order to access and change your AT&T plan online, you need to first create a myAT&T account. In order to create an account, you’ll need your billing zip code and your account number or phone number. After you provide that information, you’ll create a user ID and password. You’ll want to make sure to create a strong password that would be extremely difficult to guess or hack; otherwise, you run the risk of people logging into your myAT&T account and making changes that could cost you quite a bit of money. Plus, they’d also have access to your personal information through your account, which you obviously don’t want.
If you’re setting up your myAT&T app via mobile app, you may want to create your login through fingerprint scanning (if your phone has the capability).
Once you’ve created your account, you’ll be able to log in, access your account info, and switch to a different AT&T plan.
Switch to a different AT&T phone plan online
Here’s how to change your AT&T plan online or via the myATT mobile app:
- Sign in to your AT&T account.
- Click “Account overview.”
- If you have more than one account, select the one you want to update.
- Choose “Change” or “Manage my plan.”
- Choose either “View your current plan or package” or “Change plan or channels.”
- Follow the prompts and choose your new AT&T plan.
Compare AT&T phone plans online
Aren’t sure which AT&T plan you want to switch to yet? That’s okay, we’ve got all the details here for you. Below you can compare the different AT&T plans, from unlimited to prepaid to limited data, to figure out which plan is best for you and your needs.
Pay your AT&T bill online
Changing your AT&T plan isn’t the only thing you can do online—you can also pay your AT&T bill online. Getting paperless statements not only helps save the planet but also can make your life easier. Not to mention, if you’re used to paying your AT&T bill over the phone, paying online can save you a lot of time and hassle since AT&T’s phone lines have been extra busy during the coronavirus pandemic.
Here’s how to pay your AT&T bill online:
- Sign in to your myAT&T account.
- Choose “Go to Bill & Payments.”
- If you have several accounts, choose the account you want to view and pay.
- You will see your current bill and previous bill activity.
- Choose “Make a payment” to pay your bill.
- To view a copy of the paper bill, choose “View paper bill.”
Enrolling in AutoPay
You can make paying your AT&T bill online even easier by enrolling in AutoPay. AutoPay ensures that you’ll never miss a payment because each month, your bill will automatically be paid. All you have to do is choose the payment method you want to use and then AT&T will automatically charge that method each month. An added bonus is that you may also get a discount through AT&T when you sign up for AutoPay.