Best cell phone deals as of October 26, 2020
There are plenty of Samsung Galaxy deals available from various carriers, including AT&T and Verizon. If you’re after a new iPhone, there are some great deals, but it might be worth waiting until later this week to see if there are bigger and better discounts offered once the iPhone 12 is announced.
This week’s best cell phone deals
- Get up to $850 off an iPhone 11 or iPhone 11 Pro from Verizon
- Get a Samsung Galaxy 5G phone for just $10/month from AT&T
- Get a $500 service credit when you trade in an eligible Google Pixel to Google Fi
- Pay just $100/month for Visible‘s 4-line family plan
Top 4 best cell phone deals: iPhones
- From CREDO Mobile: get an iPhone SE for $2.04/month when you buy it on monthly installments
- From Verizon: buy an iPhone 11 or 11 Pro from Verizon and get up to $800 off when you trade in an eligible phone
- From AT&T: get an iPhone 11 for $10/month when you add a new line or upgrade to an unlimited plan—get it for just $5/month if you trade in an eligible device.
- Save $850 when you preorder an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro and trade in an eligible device.
Check out all of the best iPhone deals on offer this week from all of your favorite carriers. Whether you’re looking to buy an iPhone outright or you’d prefer to pay monthly installments, there’s a great cell phone deal out there for you.
Top 3 best Samsung Galaxy deals
- From AT&T: get the Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G for just $10/month when you trade in an eligible phone
- From T-Mobile: Buy a Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, or S20 Ultra and get $1,000 off a second
- From U.S. Cellular: get up to $700 off a Samsung Galaxy Note10 or Note10+ with an unlimited plan and trade-in device
Check out all of our favorite Samsung Galaxy deals this week from carriers, big and small. We’ve reviewed deals including buy one, get one free offers, trade-in discounts, new customers offers, and more, and narrowed them down—we’ve done the hard work for you.
Top 3 best Google Pixel deals
- From Google Fi: get $500 in Google Fi service credit when you trade in an eligible phone and buy a Pixel 5
- From U.S. Cellular: buy a Google Pixel 5 and get $450 off over 24 months
- From Verizon: buy a Google Pixel 5 and trade in an eligible device to get up to $550 off (requires unlimited plan)
If you’re looking for a new Google Pixel phone, check out the latest deals on all models before you go and pay full price. There aren’t usually as many deals available for the Pixels compared to iPhones and Galaxy phones, but discounts are still out there.
Best deals for families
Whether you’re a 2-person household or 4-person household, you can save yourself hundreds of dollars each year by signing up for a family plan. Carriers like Verizon and AT&T offer huge discounts when you add additional lines to your plan.
Additionally, carriers often offer buy one, get one free discounts on the latest phones, including iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones. These BOGO deals require that you have a multi-line family plan to qualify.
How we pick the best cell phone deals
Each week our cell phone experts scour the web for the best cell phone deals from various carriers. Some of the key things we look for include:
- Total value
- Fine print
One of the most important things when it comes to finding the best cell phone deal is the total value or total savings you’ll be making. For example, $100 off a new phone may seem great compared to a $5/month discount, but if the $5/month discount is from AT&T, you’ll be paying for the phone for 30 months, which means your total discount is actually $150 total.
Sometimes you’ll notice that we don’t choose some buy one, get one free deals as our favorites. This is because more often than not, these deals require that you add an additional line to your cell phone account. This is great for those who have someone they’re willing to add, but for those of us who only need one line, you won’t be eligible for this deal.
Deals that are offered to both existing and new customers will usually make it higher up on our list as most carrier deals aren’t offered to existing customers.
A lot of cell phone deals aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. We analyze the fine print and only pick the deals that don’t come with a lot of additional clauses. For example, if a trade-in offer seems great, but there are only a handful of trade-in phones that are accepted, we won’t choose that as our number one deal.