iPhone deals: July 6, 2020 updates
Verizon, AT&T, and T-Mobile are all continuing their trade-in deals for the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max, while Sprint is offering the iPhone 11 for free on a lease. The iPhone SE has been discounted to as low as $5/month from various carriers. If you like getting bonus gifts with your new iPhone, check out Altice Mobile who is giving away free Apple AirPods.
Best iPhone deals right now
- Get an iPhone SE from Sprint for just $5/month (NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY)
- Lease an iPhone 11 for free from Sprint or get up to $550 off when you trade in a phone to Verizon
- Up to $550 off an iPhone XS or XS Max with eligible trade-in from Verizon
- Pay just $10/month for 18 months for a new iPhone XR from Sprint
- iPhone 7 for free from AT&T (requires 30-month installment plan)
Best iPhone SE deals
The best iPhone deals right now include the various iPhone SE deals since the phone is already pretty cheap at full price. The only problem with these iPhone deals is that many carriers are selling out of these phones, with the iPhone SE flying off the shelves at under $400 a pop.
- iPhone SE for just $5/month from Verizon when bought on monthly installments or buy it outright for just $119.99
- $100 off the new iPhone SE from Boost Mobile (from $299.99)
- iPhone SE for just $30/month from Mint Mobile (includes service plan)
- iPhone SE for just $5/month (for 18 months) on a Sprint lease (for new customers)
- iPhone SE deal from Visible gives you a $100 prepaid Mastercard (SOLD OUT)
- iPhone SE for just $5/month (for 30 months) on an AT&T installment plan
Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro, 11 Pro Max deals
There are plenty of iPhone deals available for the 2019 models—the iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max. Major carriers like Sprint and Verizon constantly have iPhone deals for these models with other prepaid carriers also offering some discounts and perks on outright purchases.
- Lease an iPhone 11 for FREE from Sprint
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max trade-in deal from Verizon: Get up to $550 off with eligible trade-in phone
- iPhone 11 for 50% off on AT&T installments, plus get $300 credit when you trade in an eligible phone
- iPhone 11, 11 Pro, and 11 Pro Max for $100 off from Boost Mobile
- Free year of Apple TV+ plus $120 bill credit from Ting
- iPhone 11 purchase gets you a bonus $200 prepaid Mastercard from Visible
- Up to $700 off an iPhone 11, 11 Pro, or 11 Pro Max when you switch to T-Mobile and buy the phone on monthly installments
- $250 off an iPhone 11, 11 Pro, or 11 Pro Max from Pure TalkUSA
Best iPhone XS and XS Max deals
The best iPhone deals also include discounts off the iPhone XS and XS Max, which were released in 2018. If you’re lucky, you can get a great deal on these models with carriers trying to make room for new iPhones that are released each year.
- Get a free pair of Apple AirPods when you buy an iPhone XS or XS Max from Altice Mobile
- $100 off an iPhone XS from Boost Mobile
- Up to $550 off an iPhone XS or XS Max when you trade in an eligible phone to Verizon
- iPhone XS deal from Visible: free $200 prepaid Mastercard
- iPhone XS for just $10/month from AT&T
Best iPhone XR deals
We’re seeing fewer iPhone deals on the first budget-friendly iPhone, the iPhone XR. Although this phone was one of the cheapest available for a while, with the release of the iPhone 11 and new iPhone SE (2020), the iPhone XR is no longer the best option for those wanting to save some money.
- iPhone XR for just $10/month on a Sprint lease + free trial of Apple TV+
- Switch to Visible, buy an iPhone XR to get a bonus $200 prepaid Mastercard
- $100 off an iPhone XR from Wing
- iPhone XR for just $5/month (for 30 months) from AT&T
- Up to $600 off with eligible trade-in phone from T-Mobile
Other iPhone deals
If you’re looking for iPhone deals on older models, such as the iPhone X, iPhone 8, or iPhone 7, here are our picks of the best deals. Note that many carriers are out of stock of many older iPhone models so deals are rare right now.
- $250 off all iPhones from Pure TalkUSA
- iPhone 7 deal from AT&T gets you the phone for free when you buy it on monthly installments (30 months)
- Get an iPhone 7 for just $49.99 when you switch to Boost Mobile (in-store offer only)
- iPhone 7 (refurbished) for $300 from Twigby + get 25% off your bill for the first 6 months
- Free year of AppleTV+ subscription plus $120 in bill credit for new customers from Ting
iPhones Generate the Most Google Search Volume, But Interest Is Declining
Apple iPhones are the most searched for devices on Google. However, online interest in them is slowing, as is interest in new phones from other manufacturers.
Google Trends data shows the iPhone wielding a commanding search lead over Android brands in 2018 and 2019. Samsung Galaxy phones represent Apple’s closest competition.
This is backed up by search statistics from LetsTalk’s sister site, WhistleOut. The iPhone 11 is currently the most searched for device there, followed by the iPhone XR. The most popular devices on the site at this time last year were the iPhone XS Max and iPhone 8.
While iPhones are the most searched for handsets on Google, their popularity has plateaued over the last couple of years. This mirrors an overall cooling of consumer interest in new devices.
The finding isn’t a big surprise. More and more consumers are opting to hold onto their phones for longer periods of time as the cost of new devices—especially flagships like the iPhone 11—has risen, and their technological advancements have become increasingly modest.
More significant innovations like widespread 5G compatibility and foldable screens could change this, however. At present these technologies are still in relatively early stages of development and adoption.
We used Google Trends data since 2004 for four cell phone brands (Google Pixel, iPhone, Android, and Samsung Galaxy) to see how search interest has increased and decreased over time. We also analyzed search data from sister site WhistleOut.com[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]