Best cell phone deals: September 21, 2020 updates
Labor Day sales may have ended but there are still plenty of cell phone deals on offer. You can get an iPhone SE for as little as $5/month from Verizon and huge trade-in discounts and BOGO deals on most Samsung Galaxy models from various carriers.
This week’s best cell phone deals
- Buy an iPhone 11 from T-Mobile and get a second for free
- Get a Samsung Galaxy 5G phone for just $5/month from AT&T
- Get an LG G8X ThinQ for $5/Month from AT&T
- Get a $500 service credit when you trade in an eligible Google Pixel to Google Fi
- Pay just $100/month for Visible‘s 4-line family plan
Top 3 best cell phone deals: iPhones
- From Verizon: get an iPhone SE for free when you sign up for an unlimited plan and buy the phone on monthly installments
- From U.S. Cellular: get an iPhone 11 for $450 off when you trade in a phone and buy it on monthly installments
- From AT&T: get an iPhone XS for just $1/month (for 30 months from AT&T) (pay just $30 for the phone!)
Check out all of the best iPhone deals on offer this week from all of your favorite carriers. Whether you’re looking to buy an iPhone outright or you’d prefer to pay monthly installments, there’s a great cell phone deal out there for you.
Top 3 best Samsung Galaxy deals
- From AT&T: get up to $1,000 off a Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G or Note20 Ultra 5G
- From T-Mobile: Buy a Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, or S20 Ultra and get $1,000 off a second
- From Verizon: Buy one Samsung Galaxy Note10 or Note10+ and get up to $500 off a second device.
Check out all of our favorite Samsung Galaxy deals this week from carriers, big and small. We’ve reviewed deals including buy one, get one free offers, trade-in discounts, new customers offers, and more, and narrowed them down—we’ve done the hard work for you.
Top 3 best Google Pixel deals
- From Xfinity Mobile: get $300 off a Google Pixel 4 when you switch to Xfinity (Xfinity internet customers only)
- From Verizon: pay just $240 for a new Google Pixel 4a from Verizon
- From Wing: get $40 off a Google Pixel 4 XL
If you’re looking for a new Google Pixel phone, check out the latest deals on all models before you go and pay full price. There aren’t usually as many deals available for the Pixels compared to iPhones and Galaxy phones, but discounts are still out there.
Best deals for families
Whether you’re a 2-person household or 4-person household, you can save yourself hundreds of dollars each year by signing up for a family plan. Carriers like Verizon and AT&T offer huge discounts when you add additional lines to your plan.
Additionally, carriers often offer buy one, get one free discounts on the latest phones, including iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones. These BOGO deals require that you have a multi-line family plan to qualify.
How we pick the best cell phone deals
Each week our cell phone experts scour the web for the best cell phone deals from various carriers. Some of the key things we look for include:
- Total value
- Fine print
One of the most important things when it comes to finding the best cell phone deal is the total value or total savings you’ll be making. For example, $100 off a new phone may seem great compared to a $5/month discount, but if the $5/month discount is from AT&T, you’ll be paying for the phone for 30 months, which means your total discount is actually $150 total.
Sometimes you’ll notice that we don’t choose some buy one, get one free deals as our favorites. This is because more often than not, these deals require that you add an additional line to your cell phone account. This is great for those who have someone they’re willing to add, but for those of us who only need one line, you won’t be eligible for this deal.
Deals that are offered to both existing and new customers will usually make it higher up on our list as most carrier deals aren’t offered to existing customers.
A lot of cell phone deals aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. We analyze the fine print and only pick the deals that don’t come with a lot of additional clauses. For example, if a trade-in offer seems great, but there are only a handful of trade-in phones that are accepted, we won’t choose that as our number one deal.