Verizon cell phone deals: Updates as of April 12, 2021
Not too much to report for Verizon Wireless, but a few new deals to make mention of this time around. Phones like the LG Velvet are up to $800 off, and phones like the LG Wing, and Motorola One 5G are discounted right now as well.
Best Verizon Cell Phone Deals
- BOGO up to $639 off the iPhone 11 Pro when you start a new line with installments and port in on select plans
- BOGO up to $800 off the Samsung Galaxy Note20 series when you start a new line on select plans
- Get a Google Pixel 4a for just $10/month or $240 outright
- Verizon gift card with BYO plans
- Get 50 Verizon dollars when you sign up for a Verizon Visa card and purchase select 5G phone (online only)
Verizon Cell Phone Deals: iPhones
- Get the iPhone 11/11 Pro for up to $440 off when you upgrade or trade-in an eligible device on select unlimited plans
- iPhone 12 devices are up to $700 off with a new line and trade-in on installments on select unlimited
- Get $500 off the iPhone XR when you sign up for an unlimited plan with a new line
- Get an iPhone SE from Verizon for free when you sign up for an unlimited plan (credit applied over 24 months)
Verizon Cell Phone Deals: Samsung Galaxy Phones
- The Samsung Galaxy Note20/ S21/ Z Fold2 5G are up to $800 off with a new line, trade-in and installments on select unlimited plan—plus receive a $200 e-gift card when you use promo code “APRILSWITCH200”. You can also get up $440 off when you upgrade.
- BOGO up to $800 off the Samsung Galaxy Note20 series when you start a new line on select plans, port your number, and pay with monthly installments.
- Get up to $750 off the Galaxy S20/S20+/S20 Ultra when you sign up on any unlimited plan via monthly installments with a trade-in.
- Get the Samsung Galaxy A51 for FREE on new lines with select unlimited plans
- Get the Samsung Galaxy A71 up to $450 off with new line on ANY unlimited plan
Samsung has multiple deals on Samsung Galaxy phones right now which add up to HUGE discounts off the newest models. Get the biggest Verizon deal when you add a new line to Verizon and choose any unlimited plan.
Verizon Deals on Google Pixels
- The Google Pixel 4a 5G is up to $200 off on select unlimited plans when you upgrade or trade-in an eligible device.
- Get up to $550 off the Google Pixel 5 when you trade in your current phone.
- Get $239 of the Google Pixel 4a 5G when you start a new line on select unlimited plans—can be purchased on monthly installments or full retail price.
Other Verizon Deals
- Get LG V60 ThinQ 5G/Motorola Edge+ for up to $800 off with a new line, trade-in, and installments on select unlimited plans using promo code (APRILSWITCH100)—or get $440 off line upgrades.
- The Moto G Stylus is FREE when you start a new line on select unlimited plans
- Get the LG V60 ThinQ up to $750 off with a new line and trade-in on the Do More, Play More or Get More Unlimited plans
- Get 50 Verizon dollars when you open a Verizon Visa Card (online only)
- Get the OnePlus 8 5G up to $750 off when you start a new line and trade in an eligible device on the Do More, Play More or Get More unlimited plans, plus get a $250 e-gift when you use promo code “PREMSWITCH2021
About Verizon Cell Phone Deals
Let’s Talk’s list of Verizon deals and promotions are updated every week. Verizon deals may have requirements for customers, such as signing up for new wireless plans, purchasing cell phones with monthly payment plans, switching from different carriers, or trading in devices. Unlike some cellular carriers, all Verizon devices come locked for just 60 days then Verizon will automatically unlock your phone. You won’t have to request an unlock, it will just happen after 60 days. According to RootMetrics, Verizon ranks at the top of the list for its reliable coverage above AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
Fine Print to Watch Out For
When choosing a Verizon cell phone deal, be sure to understand exactly what you’re getting yourself into. Most of Verizon’s deals have certain requirements you have to meet first. Some of the most common eligibility requirements include:
- You must port your number in from another carrier (which means you have to be a new customer)
- You must sign up for an unlimited plan (if you don’t use a lot of data this may not be worth it for you)
- You must buy the phone on monthly installments (so you’ll be stuck with Verizon for 24 months otherwise you won’t get the full discount)
While the best Verizon deals are offered to new customers, existing Verizon customers also qualify for most deals, but the discount may not be as great. There are generally upgrade deals that existing customers qualify for, so be on the lookout for these if you already have a Verizon account.
Verizon Cell Phone Deals Requiring Trade-Ins
From time to time Verizon will offer trade-in deals where you must trade another phone in to get a discount. The thing you must remember with these trade-in deals is that you can’t just send in any old phone. Usually, your trade-in phone must be:
- In good working condition
- Free from damage (including scratches and screen cracks)
- Fairly new (you can’t trade in a non-smartphone or one from 10 years ago)
If you have an old damaged phone that you want to trade in, you may be eligible for a trade-in deal from Sprint. Although the carrier doesn’t offer as much coverage as Verizon, they will usually accept damaged phones for trade-in deals.