Verizon cell phone deals: Updates as of June 1, 2020
Verizon has a number of trade-in deals on various models, including the latest iPhones, Samsung Galaxy phones, and Google Pixels. With eligible trade-ins you can you get up to $550 off. Plus there is a BOGO deal on any of the newest Samsung Galaxy phones—the S20, S20+, and S20 Ultra.
Most Verizon cell phone deals require that you switch to an unlimited plan and buy the phone on monthly installments to qualify.
Best Verizon Cell Phone Deals
- Up to $550 off an iPhone 11, 11 Pro, or 11 Pro Max with a qualifying trade-in
- Up to $700 in savings with a Verizon Samsung Galaxy S20+ purchase
- Up to $550 off a Google Pixels 4 or 4 XL with eligible trade-in
- Double data on all prepaid plans
Verizon Cell Phone Deals: iPhones
- Get up to $550 off an iPhone 11, 11 Pro, or 11 Pro Max when you trade in a qualifying phone
- Get up to $550 off an iPhone XS or XS Max when you trade in a qualifying phone or save $300 off outright purchase
- Buy a new iPhone 7 Plus for FREE on monthly installments (was $16.66/month)
Verizon Cell Phone Deals: Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Save $150 off a Samsung Galaxy S20+ or S20 Ultra plus get up to an additional $550 off when you trade in an eligible phone
- BOGO deal on any Samsung Galaxy S20 series phone: up to $1,000 off a second
- Save up to $700 off a Samsung Galaxy Note10 or Note10+ when you trade in an eligible phone
- Buy a Samsung Galaxy S10 or S10+ on monthly installments and get $600 off a second
Samsung has multiple deals on Samsung Galaxy phones right now which add up to HUGE discounts off the newest models. Get the biggest Verizon deal when you add a new line to Verizon and choose any unlimited plan.
Verizon Deals on Google Pixels
- Get up to $550 off a Google Pixel 4 or 4 XL when you trade in an eligible phone
- Get a $150 Verizon gift card when you switch to an unlimited plan
Other Verizon Deals
- Get double the data on any Verizon prepaid plan worth $30-$45/month
- Switch to a $45/month+ Verizon prepaid plan and get $60 credit (NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY)
- Bring your own phone to a Verizon postpaid plan (online) and get a $100 Verizon gift card
About Verizon Cell Phone Deals
Let’s Talk’s list of Verizon deals and promotions are updated every week. Verizon deals may have requirements for customers, such as signing up for new wireless plans, purchasing cell phones with monthly payment plans, switching from different carriers, or trading in devices. Unlike some cellular carriers, all Verizon devices come locked for just 60 days then Verizon will automatically unlock your phone. You won’t have to request an unlock, it will just happen after 60 days. According to RootMetrics, Verizon ranks at the top of the list for its reliable coverage above AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
Fine Print to Watch Out For
When choosing a Verizon cell phone deal, be sure to understand exactly what you’re getting yourself into. Most of Verizon’s deals have certain requirements you have to meet first. Some of the most common eligibility requirements include:
- You must port your number in from another carrier (which means you have to be a new customer)
- You must sign up for an unlimited plan (if you don’t use a lot of data this may not be worth it for you)
- You must buy the phone on monthly installments (so you’ll be stuck with Verizon for 24 months otherwise you won’t get the full discount)
While the best Verizon deals are offered to new customers, existing Verizon customers also qualify for most deals, but the discount may not be as great. There are generally upgrade deals that existing customers qualify for, so be on the lookout for these if you already have a Verizon account.
Verizon Cell Phone Deals Requiring Trade-Ins
From time to time Verizon will offer trade-in deals where you must trade another phone in to get a discount. The thing you must remember with these trade-in deals is that you can’t just send in any old phone. Usually, your trade-in phone must be:
- In good working condition
- Free from damage (including scratches and screen cracks)
- Fairly new (you can’t trade in a non-smartphone or one from 10 years ago)
If you have an old damaged phone that you want to trade in, you may be eligible for a trade-in deal from Sprint. Although the carrier doesn’t offer as much coverage as Verizon, they will usually accept damaged phones for trade-in deals.