Verizon cell phone deals: Updates as of September 21, 2020
There aren’t many changes to Verizon’s iPhone deals this week, but there are some changes to deals on Samsung Galaxy phones. Verizon has replaced some trade-in and BOGO deals on some of the N and S series phones with discounts on upgrade. For example, you can get $300 off a Samsung Galaxy S20 or Note10 when you upgrade using the promo code “SAMSUNG5G”.
If you’re a Google Pixel fan, the only deal available from Verizon is for the Pixel 4a which is available for just $10/month when bought on monthly installments.
Best Verizon Cell Phone Deals
- Get an iPhone SE for free with an unlimited Verizon plan
- Get a Samsung Galaxy A51 5G for just $5/month for 24 months
- Get a Google Pixel 4a for just $10/month or $240 outright
- Verizon gift card with BYO plans
Verizon Cell Phone Deals: iPhones
- Get an iPhone SE from Verizon for FREE when you sign up for an unlimited plan (credit applied over 24 months)
- Buy an iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max and get up to $1,000 off a second
- Get a $150 Verizon gift card when you switch to the carrier on an unlimited plan and buy any phone over $550 (new customers only)
- Get an iPhone 11 for just $15/month (for 24 months) and get a second for free
- Save $300 off an iPhone XS when you buy it online (for both monthly installments and outright purchases)
- Save $150 off an iPhone XR when you buy it online on an unlimited plan
- Save $150 off an Apple Watch when you buy an iPhone from Verizon (both on monthly installments)
Verizon Cell Phone Deals: Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Pay just $5/month for the Samsung Galaxy A51 5G (for 24 months)
- Get up to $550 off the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G when you trade in an eligible phone
- Get $200 off the Samsung Galaxy Note20 or Note20 Ultra when you upgrade and use the promo code “UPGNOTE”
- Pay just $10/month for the Samsung Galaxy A71 5G (for 24 months)
- Get $300 off a Samsung Galaxy S20, S20+, or S20 Ultra when you upgrade online with Verizon using promo code “SAMSUNG5G”
- Get $300 off a Samsung Galaxy Note10 or Note10+ when you switch to Verizon plus buy one, and get up to $950 off a second
Samsung has multiple deals on Samsung Galaxy phones right now which add up to HUGE discounts off the newest models. Get the biggest Verizon deal when you add a new line to Verizon and choose any unlimited plan.
Verizon Deals on Google Pixels
There’s only one Google Pixel deal on offer and that’s the Google Pixel 4a for just $10/month (for 24 months) or outright for just $239.99. There are currently no other Google Pixel phones available from Verizon.
Google is set to announce the new Google Pixel models at the end of the month so be on the lookout for more deals in the lead-up.
Other Verizon Deals
- Switch to a $45/month+ Verizon prepaid plan and get $60 credit (NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY)
- Bring your own phone to a Verizon Get More postpaid plan and get a $450 Verizon gift card (online only)
- Get a free Disney+ subscription for an entire year with an eligible Verizon unlimited plan
- Get a free Echo Dot and Amazon Smart Plug when you switch to a Verizon unlimited plan (new customers only)
- Get a $150 Verizon gift card when you choose a Verizon unlimited plan
About Verizon Cell Phone Deals
Let’s Talk’s list of Verizon deals and promotions are updated every week. Verizon deals may have requirements for customers, such as signing up for new wireless plans, purchasing cell phones with monthly payment plans, switching from different carriers, or trading in devices. Unlike some cellular carriers, all Verizon devices come locked for just 60 days then Verizon will automatically unlock your phone. You won’t have to request an unlock, it will just happen after 60 days. According to RootMetrics, Verizon ranks at the top of the list for its reliable coverage above AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
Fine Print to Watch Out For
When choosing a Verizon cell phone deal, be sure to understand exactly what you’re getting yourself into. Most of Verizon’s deals have certain requirements you have to meet first. Some of the most common eligibility requirements include:
- You must port your number in from another carrier (which means you have to be a new customer)
- You must sign up for an unlimited plan (if you don’t use a lot of data this may not be worth it for you)
- You must buy the phone on monthly installments (so you’ll be stuck with Verizon for 24 months otherwise you won’t get the full discount)
While the best Verizon deals are offered to new customers, existing Verizon customers also qualify for most deals, but the discount may not be as great. There are generally upgrade deals that existing customers qualify for, so be on the lookout for these if you already have a Verizon account.
Verizon Cell Phone Deals Requiring Trade-Ins
From time to time Verizon will offer trade-in deals where you must trade another phone in to get a discount. The thing you must remember with these trade-in deals is that you can’t just send in any old phone. Usually, your trade-in phone must be:
- In good working condition
- Free from damage (including scratches and screen cracks)
- Fairly new (you can’t trade in a non-smartphone or one from 10 years ago)
If you have an old damaged phone that you want to trade in, you may be eligible for a trade-in deal from Sprint. Although the carrier doesn’t offer as much coverage as Verizon, they will usually accept damaged phones for trade-in deals.