Best cell phone deals as of March 1, 2021
These cell phone deals on iPhones, Samsung Galaxy devices, and Pixels are a surefire way to save money on a new phone for yourself or a loved one. This week, get a free iPhone from Verizon, save up to $700 on the latest Samsung Galaxy through AT&T, or get 4 lines of unlimited for just $25 each from Visible.
This week’s best cell phone deals
- Get a FREE iPhone SE (2020) through Verizon
- Get a Samsung Galaxy 5G phone for just $10/month from AT&T
- Get a $500 service credit when you trade in an eligible Google Pixel to Google Fi
- Pay just $100/month for Visible‘s 4-line family plan
The best cell phone deals: iPhones
- From Verizon: Get the iPhone SE (2020) for FREE with a new line and an eligible unlimited plan
- From AT&T: get an iPhone 11 for $10/month when you add a new line or upgrade to an unlimited plan—get it for just $5/month if you trade in an eligible device
- From T-Mobile: Save $830 when you order an iPhone 12 or $950 when you order iPhone 12 Pro and trade in an eligible device
- From Verizon: Get the iPhone 12 mini for free with trade-in, or buy one phone and get the second free
Check out all of the best iPhone deals on offer this week from all of your favorite carriers. Whether you’re looking to buy an iPhone outright or you’d prefer to pay monthly installments, there’s a great cell phone deal out there for you.
Top 3 best Samsung Galaxy deals
- From AT&T: Get $700 off the Samsung Galaxy Note20 5G when you trade in a device and switch on Unlimited.
- From T-Mobile: Buy a Samsung Galaxy S21, S21+, or S21 Ultra on monthly payments and get another for up to $800 off (that’s a FREE S21 128GB), or trade in and get $800 back on a single device (eligible unlimited plan required)
- From Verizon: Get the Samsung Galaxy S20 FE 5G for just $10/month with new line and qualifying unlimited plan
Check out all of our favorite Samsung Galaxy deals this week from carriers, big and small. We’ve reviewed limited-time deals including buy one, get one free offers, trade-in discounts, and new customer offers, and narrowed them down—we’ve done the hard work for you.
Top 3 best Google Pixel deals
- From Google Fi: Get $500 in Google Fi service credit when you trade in an eligible phone and buy a Pixel 5
- From AT&T: Buy a Google Pixel 5 for $5/month with trade-in ($10/month without trade)
- From Verizon: Get a free Google Pixel 5 with trade-in, or buy one Pixel 5 and get another for free (both deals require new line and eligible unlimited plan)
If you’re looking for a new Google Pixel phone, check out the latest deals on all models before you go and pay full price. There aren’t usually as many deals available for the Pixels compared to iPhones and Galaxy phones, but discounts are still out there.
Best cell phone deals for families
- Metro by T-Mobile: Get four lines of unlimited for just $25/line plus four Samsung Galaxy A01 phones for free
- Metro by T-Mobile: Get two LG Aristo 5 phones and two Alcotel JOY TAB 2 tablets when you switch
Whether you’re a 2-person household or 4-person household, you can save yourself hundreds of dollars each year by signing up for a family plan. Carriers like Verizon and AT&T offer huge discounts when you add additional lines to your plan.
Additionally, carriers often offer buy one, get one free discounts on the latest phones, including iPhones and Samsung Galaxy phones. These BOGO deals require that you have a multi-line family plan to qualify.
How we pick the best cell phone deals
Each week our cell phone experts scour the web for the best cell phone deals from various carriers. Some of the key things we look for include:
- Total value
- Fine print
One of the most important things when it comes to finding the best cell phone deal is the total value or total savings you’ll be making. For example, $100 off a new phone may seem great compared to a $5/month discount, but if the $5/month discount is from AT&T, you’ll be paying for the phone for 30 months, which means your total discount is actually $150 total.
Sometimes you’ll notice that we don’t choose some buy one, get one free deals as our favorites. This is because more often than not, these deals require that you add an additional line to your cell phone account. This is great for those who have someone they’re willing to add, but for those of us who only need one line, you won’t be eligible for this deal.
Deals that are offered to both existing and new customers will usually make it higher up on our list as most carrier deals aren’t offered to existing customers.
A lot of cell phone deals aren’t all they’re cracked up to be. We analyze the fine print and only pick the deals that don’t come with a lot of additional clauses. For example, if a trade-in offer seems great, but there are only a handful of trade-in phones that are accepted, we won’t choose that as our number one deal.