Why Get a Family Plan? Sprint Postpaid Family Plans Sprint Prepaid Family Plans
Sprint Family Locator Other Sprint Family Plans What Sprint Family Plan Should You Get?
Sprint is one of the Big Four carriers—a group which also includes AT&T, Verizon, and T-Mobile. Currently, Sprint has the least amount of nationwide coverage compared to the other major carriers, but they are still fighting to get you to join them. With killer prices on family and individual plans, it might be worth it to switch even with their less than stellar national coverage. One way Sprint is stepping up their service game is by adding perks to their family plans. This guide will walk you through the different types of Sprint Family Plans and help you find the best one for your lifestyle.
Sprint family plans include the following:
- Unlimited talk, text, AND data
- Discounts for additional lines
- Most family plans have a free Hulu and/or Tidal subscriptions
- Free texting and calling to and from Mexico. More expensive plans offer free talk and text to and from Canada as well.
- 50% off family plans for active military personnel
- Sprint Family Locator
What are Family Plans and Why Should You Get One?
Family plans allow multiple lines on the same account and are generally cheaper than multiple individual plans. For instance, if the Sprint Unlimited Premium plan costs $90/month, four individual plans on separate accounts add up to a whopping $360/month. With Sprint Family Plans, every line after the first one is discounted, saving you more than $100 each month on a four-line family plan.
Sprint Postpaid Family Plans
With postpaid plans, you pay for your service after you use it—these are the only types of Sprint family plans available. Keep in mind that although Sprint does have nice perks with their family plans, they might not have great service in your area, so be sure to compare their coverage map to other carriers first. If you live on the East Coast, or in the Northeast, Sprint’s coverage is fairly reliable and would be a good choice for your family. However, states in the Midwest and others on the West Coast don’t have great coverage.
Double check coverage in your area in you live in North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming, Nevada, Nebraska, Oregon, and other Western States because Sprint’s coverage isn’t great in those areas.
Sprint Prepaid Family Plans
While many carriers offer prepaid family plans, Sprint is not one of them. However, if you want a prepaid plan on Sprint’s network, there are options on smaller carriers that run on their network. You can see and learn more about them below.
Sprint Family Locator
A popular Sprint family plan add-on is the Sprint Family Locator which is an app that helps you keep track of everyone on your plan. The Sprint Family Locator costs a small monthly fee and gives you unlimited GPS access for the phones on your account.
Sprint Family Locator Features:
- See where phones have been with historical summaries
- Receive current phone locations and landmarks
- Schedule location notifications at certain time and dates
- Look up locations on your phone or computer
Family Plans on Sprint’s Network (MVNOs)
Mobile virtual network operators (MVNOs) are smaller carriers that operate on one of the Big Four networks. There are multiple MVNOs that run on Sprint’s network, including Boost Mobile and Google Fi—you should use an MVNO if you want a less expensive family plan or one that is prepaid.
MVNOs offer the exact same coverage as the major carriers but have cheaper prices and different plan options
MVNOs are generally less expensive when compared to Sprint, however, you won’t get the same perks that Sprint offers like free entertainment streaming accounts.
Let’s Talk Take: What Sprint Family Plan Should You Get?
The plan that’s best for you and your family depends on the perks you want and your budget.
- If you love content, Sprint’s higher-priced unlimited plans, like Unlimited Premium, are probably best for you as they offer accounts to Hulu, Tidal, and more entertainment streaming services.
- If you don’t need the perks that come with more expensive family plans, Sprint’s basic plans still offer unlimited everything and are perfect for anyone who can’t get enough of social media or music and video streaming.
- If you don’t need unlimited everything, check out MVNO plans which use Sprint’s network and offer less expensive family plans.