Our best customer is a well informed and educated customer. We have attempted to put all of the small print or Terms and Conditions in an easy to find location for your review. These terms and conditions will be presented during the purchasing process and must be accepted prior to order placement.
Wireless Plan and Feature Activation Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions govern the relationship between you and LetsTalk.com. The LetsTalk.com Terms and Conditions are in addition to and supplement any Service Provider Terms and Conditions (If applicable, they are explained separately below).
I understand and agree to the following terms & conditions:
A. If I am activating Wireless Service(s) provided through LetsTalk.com, its subsidiaries or affiliates (who are acting as agents of the Wireless Service(s) Provider with whom I am entering into a Wireless Service(s) contract with), I understand that:
- In consideration of the purchase of certain wireless equipment from LetsTalk.com, I will agree to maintain the Wireless Service(s) I selected at the time I purchased the wireless equipment for the time frame specified in the Wireless Service Contract.
- I would be liable to LetsTalk.com, or its assignee, for an equipment subsidy recovery fee of $250 per line ("equipment recovery fee") if the Wireless Service(s) is discontinued prior to 180 days of continuous service. The equipment subsidy recovery fee will not be charged if the equipment is returned and accepted by LetsTalk.com within its Guarantee Policy.
Please note that the Equipment Subsidy Recovery Fee is not a penalty but is for liquidated damages LetsTalk.com will incur as a result of such cancellation. These damages may include, but are not limited to loss of compensation and administrative costs associated with the cancellation or changes in Wireless Service(s), Market Changes, Changes in Ownership, Number Ports after activation, and general number changes to Carrier Account.
- I agree to accept full responsibility and liability for all cellular and wireless equipment purchased by me and all one-time and recurring service charges for the Wireless Service(s) activated.
B. I further agree that in the event litigation becomes necessary to collect any amounts owed by me hereunder, I will be responsible for reasonable attorney's fees, court costs and collection costs of LetsTalk.com or its assigns.
C. I understand that any equipment is for personal use only. LetsTalk.com reserves the right to reject orders from resellers or distributors.
LetsTalk.com Exclusive Rebate Requirements
Buy a new cell phone online or through our telesales department and get a $50 mail-in rebate with a new plan activation of $25 or more. This exclusive offer is limited to select online retailers and is not available in any stores. Certain rate plans may not apply.
- Print & submit a copy of the rebate form. A customized version of your rebate form is available for download via our Rebate Center. There is a unique form for each cell phone purchased. Please double check to make sure you have all the right forms. Also, if you changed your cell phone number, please be sure to indicate your new cell phone number on the rebate form. Without these numbers, we will not be able to complete your rebate!
- Submit a copy of your Proof of Purchase Receipt. You have a few options for your proof of purchase; you can use the packing slip that was included with your shipment or print a copy of the receipt from our Rebate Center.
- Attach a copy of the GREY LetsTalk.com barcode sticker (located on the bottom of your equipment box) to the space provided on the rebate form.
- Submit a copy of your 4th month carrier bill. The bill must show that you have made payment and that "all outstanding balance" has been paid in full (Please circle this section on the bill).
- Ensure that you have everything and make copies for your records. Then mail the required paperwork to the address indicated on the rebate form. USE SEPARATE ENVELOPES IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING MULTIPLE REBATES.
NOTE: Your rebate submission must be postmarked between 120 days and 180 days from the date of service activation or we will be unable to process your rebate request.
LetsTalk.com Exclusive Rebate Terms and Conditions
To qualify and redeem this rebate, you must be an active customer in good standing with your carrier (paid all outstanding balances in full, not missed any payment deadlines or had any service interruptions for non-payment for three months after the date of activation). You also agree to maintain your wireless service for 180 continuous days to avoid any possible early termination fee. You will not be eligible for this rebate if you de-activate your wireless service or return your cell phone. LetsTalk mail-in rebate offer valid on selected cell phone and plan purchases (new activation) with a monthly access fee of at least $29.99 per month before taxes or service add-ons. Offer is not available for prepaid kits or cell phones purchased without new activation. This offer CANNOT BE COMBINED with other LetsTalk coupons, rebates, or promotions that affect the price of the cell phone. However, instant discounts and carrier and manufacturer sponsored rebates are acceptable. Void where prohibited or restricted by law. Offer subject to change without notice. LetsTalk is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected submissions. Please allow 8-10 weeks after submission for check processing. Equipment serial and cell phone numbers will be verified as active on our system prior to rebate being fulfilled.
Refer a Friend Terms and Conditions
Overview of the LetsTalk.com Refer-A-Friend Program:
- The LetsTalk.com Refer-A-Friend Program (the "Program") is a loyalty program sponsored by LetsTalk.com through which individuals can earn referral rewards when they encourage their friends to purchase cell phones as set forth below.
- The referred friends will also earn a $25 discount on their purchase as set forth below.
- The Program is open only to U.S. residents who are thirteen (13) years of age or older. Employees of LetsTalk.com and its related companies, agents, and suppliers, as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of said employees are not eligible to participate. The Program is void where prohibited.
- Participation in the Program constitutes the participant's full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
The Program begins on November 1, 2004 and ends on December 31, 2020. Referral rewards may be applied to new orders the customer refers by December 31, 2020, and whose orders are shipped by that date.
Participating in the Program:
- Visit http://www.letstalk.com/referafriend/referafriend.htm?rafId=7 to and complete a customer referral form to participate in the Program.
- The referred friend will receive a $25 discount on his or her order as long as that order is for a new activation and includes a cell phone and service contract from any post-paid carrier partner of LetsTalk.com. Orders placed where the cell phone is free at the time of purchase are not eligible for the $25 discount. Activation of the cell phone may require a one- or two-year Service Agreement. credit approval is required as set forth by LetsTalk.com carrier agreements. In some cases, an early termination fee may apply (subject to terms and conditions set forth during order confirmation). To receive the referral reward, orders must be shipped by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on December 31, 2008.
- If you have questions regarding the Program, call LetsTalk.com at 1-866-TALK-460.
- LetsTalk.com reserves the right to require proof, including, but not limited to, a receipt, that the referred order was activated and shipped in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
Modifications and Termination of the Program:
- LetsTalk.com reserves the right to modify any of the terms and conditions set forth herein; including, but not limited to, the methods through which customers may earn rewards and the amount of rewards that can be earned by referring friends at any time, with or without notice, even though these changes may affect a customer's ability to receive a reward certificate.
- A customer's participation in the Program constitutes the customer's acceptance of any changes to these Terms and Conditions. Customers are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that LetsTalk.com may make to these Terms and Conditions. The most current version of these Terms and Conditions are available and will supersede all previous versions of these Terms and Conditions.
General Terms and Conditions:
- LetsTalk.com reserves the right to discontinue the participation privileges of any customer who engages in any fraudulent activity or uses the Program in a manner inconsistent with these Terms and Conditions or any federal or state laws, statutes, or ordinances. Discontinued participation privileges may result in the loss of all accumulated rewards benefits. In addition to discontinuance of participation privileges, LetsTalk.com reserves the right to take appropriate administrative and/or legal action, including criminal prosecution, as it deems necessary in its sole discretion.
- Reward referral certificates provided through this Program may not be transferred or assigned, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter or otherwise by operation of law.
- LLetsTalk.com is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information supplied by customers or referred friends while participating in the Program.
- All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, earning of rewards, or a customer's compliance with these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by LetsTalk.com in its sole discretion.
Limitation of Liability:
- By participating in the Program, each customer acknowledges that technical processing and transmission of information on the LetsTalk.com website may involve transmissions over various networks and changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices. LetsTalk.com is not responsible for: (a) incorrect or inaccurate transcription of information; (b) problems related to any of the equipment or programming associated with the Program or utilized by the participant; (c) any human error or printing error; (d) any interruption, deletion, omission, defect, or line failure of any telephone network or electronic transmission; (e) problems relating to computer equipment, software, or inability to access the LetsTalk.com website; or (f) any other technical or non-technical error or malfunction.
- By participating in the Program, each customer accepts all responsibilities for, and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless LetsTalk.com, each of its related companies, and each such company's respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, and successors, and assignees (the “Released Parties”), from and against any claims that may arise from actions taken by such participant.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM, EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF A PARTICIPANT PROVES THAT LETSTALK.COM HAS IMPROPERLY DENIED THAT PARTICIPANT OF REWARDS OR CREDITS, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EQUIVALENT VALUE OF ONE (1) CENT. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, A PARTICIPANT WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION OR OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED.
- Except where prohibited, each customer agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Program shall be resolved individually without resorting to any form of class action and exclusively by arbitration under the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred (i.e., costs associated with participating in the Program), but shall not include attorneys' fees under any circumstances; and (c) member hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental, and consequential damages.
- If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in full force and effect.