Verizon cell phone deals: Updates as of January 11, 2021
A few changes for Verizon this week, with a handful of new discounts on the iPhone SE (2020), as well as $50 towards select smartphones when you start a Verizon Visa Card—an online only deal.
Best Verizon Cell Phone Deals
- BOGO up to $1100 off the iPhone 12 Pro Max with installments when you trade in an eligible device on select unlimited plans
- Get a Samsung Galaxy A71 5G for FREE on select unlimited plans (online only)
- Get a Google Pixel 4a for just $10/month or $240 outright
- Verizon gift card with BYO plans
- Get 50 Verizon dollars when you sign up for a Verizon Visa card and purchase select 5G phone (online only)
Verizon Cell Phone Deals: iPhones
- Up to $1000 off the iPhone 12 Pro Max; $1000 off the iPhone 12 Pro; $800 off the base iPhone 12 model; and $700 off the iPhone 12 mini
- The iPhone XR (64GB) is just $5/month when you start a new line on select unlimited plans
- Get an iPhone SE from Verizon for free when you sign up for an unlimited plan (credit applied over 24 months)
- Up to $550 off an iPhone 12 or iPhone 12 Pro when you trade in an eligible phone
- Get up to $850 off an iPhone 11 Pro or 11 Pro Max when you trade in an eligible phone and sign up for an eligible plan
- Get up to $550 off an iPhone 11 when you trade in an eligible phone
Verizon Cell Phone Deals: Samsung Galaxy Phones
- Get the Galaxy A71 FREE when you start a new line on select unlimited plans (online only).
- Get $50 towards the iPhone 12, 12 mini, 12 Pro, 12 Pro Max, Google Pixel 5, LG Velvet 5G, Motorola Edge+, OnePlus 8 5G when you start a Verizon Gift Card (online only)
- Get $500 off the Galaxy S20 5G (128GB) with an eligible trade-in, plus a $400 Verizon gift card and 12 months of Playstation Plus or Now
- Pay just $370 for the Samsung Galaxy A51 5G when you buy it outright or $15/month
- Get up to $550 off the new Samsung Galaxy Z Fold2 5G when you trade in an eligible phone
- BOGO deal on the Samsung Galaxy Note20 or S20—get up to $700 off a second
Samsung has multiple deals on Samsung Galaxy phones right now which add up to HUGE discounts off the newest models. Get the biggest Verizon deal when you add a new line to Verizon and choose any unlimited plan.
Verizon Deals on Google Pixels
- Get up to $550 off the Google Pixel 5 when you trade in your current phone.
- Get $239 of the Google Pixel 4a 5G when you start a new line on select unlimited plans—can be purchased on monthly installments or full retail price.
Other Verizon Deals
- Get the LG V70 for just $5/month when you start a new line or for $120
- Save $550 on the OnePlus 8 5G when you switch to select Verizon unlimited plans and use promo code “VZSWITCH250”
- Switch to a $45/month+ Verizon prepaid plan and get $60 credit (NEW CUSTOMERS ONLY)
- Get $550 off the LG V60 QThin 5G by when you trade in select devices on select unlimited plans
- Bring your own phone to a Verizon Get More postpaid plan and get a $450 Verizon gift card (online only)
- Get a free Disney+ subscription for an entire year with an eligible Verizon unlimited plan
- Get a free Echo Dot and Amazon Smart Plug when you switch to a Verizon unlimited plan (new customers only)
- Get a $150 Verizon gift card when you choose a Verizon unlimited plan
About Verizon Cell Phone Deals
Let’s Talk’s list of Verizon deals and promotions are updated every week. Verizon deals may have requirements for customers, such as signing up for new wireless plans, purchasing cell phones with monthly payment plans, switching from different carriers, or trading in devices. Unlike some cellular carriers, all Verizon devices come locked for just 60 days then Verizon will automatically unlock your phone. You won’t have to request an unlock, it will just happen after 60 days. According to RootMetrics, Verizon ranks at the top of the list for its reliable coverage above AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint.
Fine Print to Watch Out For
When choosing a Verizon cell phone deal, be sure to understand exactly what you’re getting yourself into. Most of Verizon’s deals have certain requirements you have to meet first. Some of the most common eligibility requirements include:
- You must port your number in from another carrier (which means you have to be a new customer)
- You must sign up for an unlimited plan (if you don’t use a lot of data this may not be worth it for you)
- You must buy the phone on monthly installments (so you’ll be stuck with Verizon for 24 months otherwise you won’t get the full discount)
While the best Verizon deals are offered to new customers, existing Verizon customers also qualify for most deals, but the discount may not be as great. There are generally upgrade deals that existing customers qualify for, so be on the lookout for these if you already have a Verizon account.
Verizon Cell Phone Deals Requiring Trade-Ins
From time to time Verizon will offer trade-in deals where you must trade another phone in to get a discount. The thing you must remember with these trade-in deals is that you can’t just send in any old phone. Usually, your trade-in phone must be:
- In good working condition
- Free from damage (including scratches and screen cracks)
- Fairly new (you can’t trade in a non-smartphone or one from 10 years ago)
If you have an old damaged phone that you want to trade in, you may be eligible for a trade-in deal from Sprint. Although the carrier doesn’t offer as much coverage as Verizon, they will usually accept damaged phones for trade-in deals.