LETSTALK.COM UNVEILS DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO CELL PHONE ETIQUETTE|
Popular Vote Taken on Dos and Don'ts of Cell Phone Use to
Create Cell Phone Bill of Rights
San Francisco, CA (May 2, 2000) As the culmination of months of research via scientific polls and person-on-the-street interviews, LetsTalk.com today unveiled the definitive Cell Phone Bill of Rights, a bona fide online magna carta highlighting the popular vote on the dos and don'ts of using a cell phone in public.
Created by the people, for the people, this Cell Phone Bill of Rights was designed to establish protection for all citizens against the rude, uncivil and discourteous use of cell phones. The majority have spoken, and their votes tallied to establish these guidelines:
"Based on our research and the response we got when we asked people to fill out ballots for the LetsTalk.com Cell Phone Bill of Rights, America is ready to establish some cell phone guidelines," said Delly Tamer, president and CEO, LetsTalk.com. "There's no question that many of us rely on our cell phones, but now it's time to for us all to think about how we can be more courteous and safer cell phone users."
- Lights off, phone off! No citizen should take a call at a theater or in the movies
- Off means off! Please respect the rules and when asked by an establishment or airline to refrain from using a cell phone, do so
- Don't cross the personal space boundary! All citizens should be mindful of how close they are to others when using a cell phone in a public place
- Stop noise pollution! All citizens should remember to keep conversations private and not shout into the phone
- Heads up! All citizens should act responsibly when walking or driving while on a
You may view all the results from the LetsTalk.com Cell Phone Bill of Rights poll here ...
LetsTalk.com is a customer-friendly place to research and purchase wireless products and services online. As a trusted wireless expert, LetsTalk.com simplifies complex communications decisions so consumers and business customers can easily choose, buy, and use customized products and solutions to meet their individual needs. LetsTalk.com is the first wireless retailer to offer free product customization through its state-of-the-art activation center. The service provides fully activated, pre-programmed and charged wireless phones based on customers' specifications.