In this installment of Questions and Answers, we'll tell you how to customize the contact list on a DROID Pro and remove the automatic e-mail signature. Got a question you want answered? Submit your question here. You can also ask me on Twitter. Got something to add to the answers below? Leave a comment.
How do I change the way contacts are listed on the DROID Pro? I want the contacts listed by last name, first name. - KCanada
That can be done in just a few easy steps:
- Select Contacts
- Press the menu key at the base of the Android phone
- Choose Display options
- Press the down arrow next to View Contact names as
- Select Last Name first
- Press Save at the bottom of the screen
How do you remove the "sent from Verizon 4G LTE smartphone" from the emails sent from the phone? - James
That's a great question. It can easily be adjusted in e-mail settings, since it's essentially a pre-created signature. Here's what you need to do:
- Open the Email application on the phone and press the menu key and look for an "Account Settings" option. Depending on the phone you have the option you want may be immediate apparent or you'll have to select "More."
- Once you find Account Settings you'll need to scroll down until you find an option for Signature.
- You can either select to remove the signature completely from emails by unchecking the box for signature or select the Signature option and a screen will pop up where you can edit what the text says.